Having left behind a career in luxury PR we catch up with health guru, beautiful Brazilian and all round positively charged Natalia Bojanic on what exactly it is to do something you truly love and start living a happy, healthy life.
You moved from a job in PR to start your own business in health and wellbeing, what made you take the leap?
I was very privileged to work with exceptional brands and extraordinary people in the luxury industry. On my last day as a PR Director I meet Usain Bolt!
My experience showed me that in order to achieve excellence in life you have to commit to something that you are truly passionate about.
As difficult as it was to leave an amazing and stable job, I had a burning desire inside of me saying that I needed a change.
Long story short, after a couple of years, few trial and errors, that voice became too loud to be ignored so I decided to take the luxury of time to investigate where it would take me.
What I can say now is that I am excited to be passionately building my own business and being the CEO of my Life.
How do you stay healthy and fit?
My motto is to encourage people to seek “health beyond appearance and wellbeing beyond their being”, my aim is to be kind to my body and provide the best circumstances for it to thrive.
In the past I had pushed and punished myself with excessive training and sad diets, which had transformed my relationship with food and working out.
My goal now is to have a perfectly working body instead of the illusion of the perfect body. The result is that I am much happier in my own skin.
Diets are boring and restrictions are not motivating for me. My lifestyle consists in eating real food, responsibly sourced and plant-based.
The most important work out for me its the one for the mind, so I try to do yoga 3 to 4 times a week; do weights 2 times a week and rarely do cardio (something I need to address I know, oh well there is always room for improvement).
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world”
That was the first one that came to me, but I have many, many more. We can never be over-inspired!
Sweet or savoury?
Sweet and savoury, sometimes even combined! I have a massive appetite for life!
Biggest inspiration and why?
Siddhārtha Gautama or simply the Buddha.
It might not be the answer people might expect from me, but nothing inspires me most than his discipline in seeking the truth and ability to detach from everything in order to commit to something bigger than himself. The legacy of his love and compassion is the greatest gift to humanity. Buddhism is not a religion, but a practical, logical and simple philosophy that teaches one how to be a better human.
What is your biggest exercise nemesis?
Running can be both liberating and painful.
What makes you happy?
Meditation makes me happy, as they say “it’s an inside job”.
In a more physical way, dairy free ice-cream or a raw cocoa bars brings me a lot of joy!
What do you do on your day off?
I work in a very organic structure and actually don’t have a day off. I would say that I have 'off moments' and that is when I explore something new like a restaurant or exhibition, catch up with friends or go sunbathing in the park.
What would you say to someone wanting to live a more healthy lifestyle?
START! It is amazing the ripple effect that slowly and gradually introducing healthy habits in your routine has. For example, by increasing the amount of real food you eat, like whole grains, vegetables and nuts you naturally stop craving crap.
The key to consistency is not to not feel restricted and look for feasible and fun solutions for short, medium and long term goals.
10. What are your goals for the future?
Fully loaded question!
Short-term: establish partnerships and create opportunities to amply my voice and reach.
On a personal level, conclude my Naturopath Biomedicine year at CNM with flying notes; start my Yoga Teaching course; spend sometime in Brazil with my family.
Long term: Being in a position where my work has helped people transform their lives and the world around them. A pretty house on the beach overlooking the sea would be nice too!
To contact Natalia or find out more click here
- Oct 11, 2017 Top 5 P4 Body Healthy Snacks Oct 11, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 How to be Extra Prepared for Your Workout! Sep 27, 2017
- Sep 22, 2017 How to Get Back into Fitness After Pregnancy Sep 22, 2017
- Sep 15, 2017 How to Feel More Confident Sep 15, 2017
- Sep 8, 2017 Feel Awesome This Autumn! Sep 8, 2017
- Sep 1, 2017 How to Create a Home Gym - Without Breaking the Bank Sep 1, 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 19, 2017 Healthy Eating? Time to Get Tough at the Tills Jul 19, 2017
- Jun 22, 2017 Healthy Breakfast Balls Jun 22, 2017
- May 30, 2017 7 Ways You Can Be More Healthy May 30, 2017
- Apr 6, 2017 5 Reasons Why Home Workouts Are Best Apr 6, 2017
- Mar 22, 2017 6 Ways You Can Get Fit When You Hate Exercise Mar 22, 2017
- Feb 6, 2017 Sweet Potato Pancakes Feb 6, 2017
- Jan 15, 2017 Top 5 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight Jan 15, 2017
- Dec 6, 2016 Linda's Top Swiss Ball Exercises Dec 6, 2016
- Nov 24, 2016 Health Hero - Nicky From Nicky For Life Nov 24, 2016
- Oct 10, 2016 How To Stay Motivated To Workout Oct 10, 2016
- Aug 15, 2016 Health Hero - Natalia Bojanic Aug 15, 2016