It's not easy balancing the art of modern womanhood, but here is a lady, not only brilliantly demonstrating how to successfully juggle both a family and working life, but who also helps other women restore some much needed clarity in their own lives. We catch up with Nicky all about her brand new fantastic coaching and nutritional service Nicky For Life and all things balance.
You make the most beautiful food (check out Nicky's stunning Instagram) have you always been good at preparing and enjoying healthy meals?
- Oct 11, 2017 Top 5 P4 Body Healthy Snacks Oct 11, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 How to be Extra Prepared for Your Workout! Sep 27, 2017
- Sep 22, 2017 How to Get Back into Fitness After Pregnancy Sep 22, 2017
- Sep 15, 2017 How to Feel More Confident Sep 15, 2017
- Sep 8, 2017 Feel Awesome This Autumn! Sep 8, 2017
- Sep 1, 2017 How to Create a Home Gym - Without Breaking the Bank Sep 1, 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 19, 2017 Healthy Eating? Time to Get Tough at the Tills Jul 19, 2017
- Jun 22, 2017 Healthy Breakfast Balls Jun 22, 2017
- May 30, 2017 7 Ways You Can Be More Healthy May 30, 2017
- Apr 6, 2017 5 Reasons Why Home Workouts Are Best Apr 6, 2017
- Mar 22, 2017 6 Ways You Can Get Fit When You Hate Exercise Mar 22, 2017
- Feb 6, 2017 Sweet Potato Pancakes Feb 6, 2017
- Jan 15, 2017 Top 5 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight Jan 15, 2017
- Dec 6, 2016 Linda's Top Swiss Ball Exercises Dec 6, 2016
- Nov 24, 2016 Health Hero - Nicky From Nicky For Life Nov 24, 2016
- Oct 10, 2016 How To Stay Motivated To Workout Oct 10, 2016
- Aug 15, 2016 Health Hero - Natalia Bojanic Aug 15, 2016
Not at all! In my early twenties I definitely couldn’t cook and I used to think I was being healthy but now I know that I fell into the many pitfalls of eating supposedly healthy foods that aren’t actually healthy at all!
How do you help people regain balance in their life?
Balance is so important (and I think it may be one of my favourite words!). I work with my clients to find what’s right for them; how they can get balance in their life with food (I don’t believe in restriction), in juggling work, and for my Mummy clients, family too. I really believe in looking after yourself first so that you have the energy and passion for whatever else is going on in your life.
I’m thankful for my struggles because without them I wouldn’t have found my strength.
Sweet or savoury?
Definitely sweet! I like a bit of chocolate!
Biggest inspiration and why?
My kids inspire me; because of them I want to be better, I want to show them what’s possible and be the best Mum I can be. And I love how in wonder they are at the world, the little things that fascinate them. We can learn so much from our children.
Find out what Nicky thinks we can all learn from our children here
What was the biggest challenge when you became a parent?
I think it was just not knowing what the hell I was doing first time round! I questioned everything, often when there wasn’t an answer or at least you’d never know what the answer was. Why isn’t he sleeping? Why is he crying? And the utter responsibility of this little human being in your life. Amazing and scary all at the same time.
What makes you happy?
My family, without a doubt.
What do you do on your day off?
Most days I’m with the kids. We love a walk into our village and a drink and some food at Dalling & Co (one of my favourite things to do). When I get a day to myself (or an hour!) it’ll usually be something like yoga or a facial, bliss! Or writing for Nicky for Life, I love writing.
What would you say to someone wanting to start their own business?
Go for it! I’ve wanted to do this for such a long time (it was definitely about timing for me) and now I’m really doing it, it feels amazing. It’s a massive learning experience. Take one step at a time and those times that you’re feeling really uncomfortable, when you’re doubting yourself and what you’re doing, those are the moments you learn the most and when you come through the other end it feels better than ever.
And the other thing I’d say is make it work for you. I have a young family and I’ve recently returned to my corporate job. There are so many benefits for working for a corporate company and working for yourself and for me it’s a balance between the two.
Make it work for you.
What are your goals for the future?
Oh wow, so much! The big dream is to write a book, watch this space!
If you would like to arrange a chat with Nicky about restoring some balance in your life, click here