Busy diaries, tighter budgets and a big want to get that perfect body, means more and more of us are looking for practical ways to workout at home. While we love a gym session, sometimes it just isn't going to happen.
Check out our 5 ways you can create a low budget gym right in your own home!
Timed laps, interval runs or longer bouts of cardio, the stairs can provide all you need to get seriously fit.
Our PRO online members love that they don't need to spend hours on boring treadmills to get the same benefits from what they have right at home...their staircase!
2. Keep it simple and build it up
You don't need to call in the furniture removal people and replace your bed with an Olympic bar, in order to be able to workout at home.
Start building a small collection of equipment which is versatile and easily stored away. A set of dumbbells, a kettle bell or a suspension trainer are all amazing examples of this and can be purcahsed on a budget.
Providing it's strong and safe, the humble chair is the most versatile of all the home workout equipment. Give us a chair and we'll give you a full, total body workout!
Step ups, tricep dips, Bulgarian split squats, bent over rows and mountain climbers are just a few examples of the exercises you can do using a chair at home.
We love a band here at P4 Body and defiantly recommend making a small investment in a few good quality bands if you are going to be working out at home.
From mini band side walking, hip thrusts and clams to longer resistance band upper body pulls, they come in all different lengths and resistances, ensuring you can get a great workout right where you are.
One of our bigger investments this year was a Maxi Climber.
Still at a reasonable price compared to other less effective cardio machines available to buy, it is a great investment and one which will soon pay off. Adding a few climbing intervals into your circuits at home will really ramp up your results, fast.
Another reason we love it?...It doesn't need any power to work and folds away flat, making it perfect for the smaller spaces at home.
- Oct 5, 2018 Drinking Enough Water - Health and Hydration
- Jun 5, 2018 Cardio- Are You Doing Enough?
- May 15, 2018 What To Do When You Hit a Workout Plateau
- November 2017
- October 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 How to be Extra Prepared for Your Workout!
- Sep 22, 2017 How to Get Back into Fitness After Pregnancy
- Sep 15, 2017 How to Feel More Confident
- Sep 8, 2017 Feel Awesome This Autumn!
- Sep 1, 2017 How to Create a Home Gym - Without Breaking the Bank
- August 2017
- Jul 19, 2017 Healthy Eating? Time to Get Tough at the Tills
- Jun 22, 2017 Healthy Breakfast Balls
- May 30, 2017 7 Ways You Can Be More Healthy
- Apr 6, 2017 5 Reasons Why Home Workouts Are Best
- Mar 22, 2017 6 Ways You Can Get Fit When You Hate Exercise
- Feb 6, 2017 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Jan 15, 2017 Top 5 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
- Dec 6, 2016 Linda's Top Swiss Ball Exercises
- Nov 24, 2016 Health Hero - Nicky From Nicky For Life
- Oct 10, 2016 How To Stay Motivated To Workout
- Aug 15, 2016 Health Hero - Natalia Bojanic
For more home training inspiration, check out our Hotel Room Workout.
Please say hi and leave a comment below...