Giving up coffee can be just that little bit tougher when the days are shorter and much colder.
But whether you’re cutting down or cutting out, you don’t have to go without a warming cup of deliciousness on your break, just give these healthy coffee alternatives a go.
Also known as 'golden milk', turmeric lattes are very much inspired by the Indian drink haldi doodh. Known as a powerful antioxidant, turmeric also offers anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits and has been linked to lowering bad cholesterol.
2 cups of milk (almond milk if preferred) or water (milk will make the latte far creamier)
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1-2 teaspoon of top grade honey or agave nectar (to taste)
A pinch of ground cinnamon
A very small pinch of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
Tiny pinch of black pepper
Carefully warm the milk in a saucepan being mindful not to boil. Add all the other ingredients and stir through for 2-4 minutes. Add more honey or nectar if a sweeter taste is desired.
A natural and very powerful green tea matcha originates from Japan and is packed full of health boosting anti-oxidants. It has shown to boost mood, calm the mind and help increase the metabolism. It contains caffeine but is a lower amount compared to a regular cup of black coffee and is released much slower into the blood stream meaning less jitters and more sustained focus.
2 cups of rice or almond milk
1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
A squeeze of honey or good quality agave nectar.
Gently and slowly heat all of the ingredients in a pan and serve. If you have a frother then use it for an amazingly creamy texture!
Hot Water and Lemon
Cleansing, hydrating and wonderful for your immune system this simple drink is packed full of vitamin C and will help boost your energy levels any time of the day!
1 cup or mug of boiling water
A slice of lemon
1 teaspoon of honey or good quality agave nectar.
Simply add all of the ingredients to your favorite cup or mug and take 5 minutes to yourself!
- November 2017
- October 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 How to be Extra Prepared for Your Workout!
- Sep 22, 2017 How to Get Back into Fitness After Pregnancy
- Sep 15, 2017 How to Feel More Confident
- Sep 8, 2017 Feel Awesome This Autumn!
- Sep 1, 2017 How to Create a Home Gym - Without Breaking the Bank
- August 2017
- Jul 19, 2017 Healthy Eating? Time to Get Tough at the Tills
- Jun 22, 2017 Healthy Breakfast Balls
- May 30, 2017 7 Ways You Can Be More Healthy
- Apr 6, 2017 5 Reasons Why Home Workouts Are Best
- Mar 22, 2017 6 Ways You Can Get Fit When You Hate Exercise
- Feb 6, 2017 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Jan 15, 2017 Top 5 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
- Dec 6, 2016 Linda's Top Swiss Ball Exercises
- Nov 24, 2016 Health Hero - Nicky From Nicky For Life
- Oct 10, 2016 How To Stay Motivated To Workout
- Aug 15, 2016 Health Hero - Natalia Bojanic